¼ Pound Rice Vermicelli
1-2 ounces Shrimp (optional)
½ Cup Dried tamarind (or tamarind concentrate)
½ Cup Green onion, cut into 1" length
½ Cup Bean sprouts
1 to 4 Tablespoon Fish sauce
1/3 Cup Brown or Palm sugar
½ Cup Warm water
1 Teaspoon Ketchup
4-5 Cups Cooking oil for deep frying
4-5 sprigs Cilantro or Chinese parsley
Red Chili, sliced
- Simmer rice vermicelli in water until soft. Drain well.
- Fry noodles, a little at a time, in a wok on high heat until they puff up.
- Set aside in the paper towels to drain.
- Combine tamarind with warm water, mix and strain.
- In a saucepan, stir fry shrimp in 3 Tablespoon of oil; combine tamarind water, fish sauce, sugar and ketchup.
- Bring to boil and simmer on a low heat until sugar becomes sticky.
- Combine fried noodles and toss lightly to mix.
- Garnish with cilantro or Chinese parsley, and red chili.
- Serve with bean sprouts. and green onion.